WHAT IS VISION 25 BY 2025?
Vision 25% by 2025 is long term social and economic partnership between: Member States, the Regional Private Sector (CARICOM Private Sector Organization-CPSO), Regional Organizations, Producer Groups, Development Partners and Civil Society which outlines actions and critical areas of intervention to tackle the Region’s rising food import bill, improve intra-regional trade, and create wealth and economic opportunity for every CARICOM Member State.
The Special Ministerial Taskforce on Food Production and Food Security (MTF) guides the implementation of Vision 25 by 2025. The MTF is made up of Ministers of Agriculture from throughout the region who meet monthly to provide guidance on the transformation of the agri-food system, to one that is resilient, provides attractive and sustainable wealth creation opportunities for potential investors, and guarantees food and nutrition security for the Member States.
FOCUS AREAS UNDER THE 25 BY 2025?
|Removing the barriers to access of markets being faced by the sector
|Policy Development and Implementation to facilitate agri-food trade
|Securing greater private sector participation
|Provision of alternate financing and insurance for the sector
|De-risking of the Agricultural Sector
|increase availability of transportation services to MS for the transportation of agri-food products
|Improve the Transportation and Logistics throughout the region
|Greater Cross Border investment, human resource development and adaptation/introduction of climate smart production mechanisms
|Investment in Production, Research, development, climate smart adaptation
|Implementation of an E-Agriculture Strategy
|The digitization of the Region’s Agricultural Sector
|Revisiting Rules of Origin and revising CET and Suspensions Regime
|Improving trade and private sector investment/involvement in the sector
WHAT ARE THE PRIORITY AREAS UNDER THE 2025?
Agriculture Financing and Insurance
- Creation of an Investor friendly environment
- Regional Agricultural Insurance Product Implementation
- Exploration of Alternative Financing Mechanisms
- Establishment of the Regional Sustainable Finance Facility
- Promotion and attraction of cross-border investments in the sector
- Private Sector Investment
- Development of support Production Corridors
- Development of measures to promote the de-risking of the sector
- Greater Business to Business Agreements
- Improvements in transportation and logistics
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Implementation and operationalization of Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) related policies
- Increased Production and Climate Smart Agriculture
- Policy improvements to enhance regional transportation and logistics for the agriculture sector
Regional Trade and E-Agriculture
- Further Elimination of Technical Barriers to trade in Agricultural Produce
- Continued digitalization of the sector through the use of technology.
- Digital Agriculture
- R &D
- Capacity Building and Enhancement
- Technical Exchange
WHAT ARE THE PRIORITY COMMODITIES UNDER THE 25 BY 2025?
- Poultry meat
- Hatching Eggs
- Corn and Soya
- Other Meat (Small Ruminant, Beef and Pork)
- Niche Vegetables and other Non-Traditional Crops
- Roots Crops
- Herbs and Spices
WHO ARE THE PARTNERS IN THE 25 BY 2025
Member States Representatives